Actually, this is what I would recommend:

1)  get a high quality analog EQ.  Basically, you go from the analog
outputs of the Transporter/SB3 to the EQ and then to the amps.
Klark-Teknik and Audient make fantastic EQs.

2) For perhaps slightly less fidelity...and I say perhaps...use
something like the Rane 60L, which I had for a while and with which I
was happy.  It has a "perfect Q" mode for the sliders, which makes
adjustments easy.  Analog in, ADC/Processor/DAC and analog to the amps.
It's really quite good.

3) For quite a more money, something like the DEQX preamp system.  It
is ridiculously versatile.  I've heard it and the TacT
systems...although they were in different homes, the speakers were
similar and I gave DEQX the edge.  So do quite a few people.  Extremely
versatile.

Yes, I think the Transporter has only a word clock input.

Personally, I'd keep it simple: try an analog EQ.  I know a highly
respected reviewer who uses an inexpensive graphic eq of the analog
sort...and nobody can tell when it's in or out of the system.

--
highdudgeon

SB3->Nuforce 9.02->Harbeth Monitor 30s/Skylan stands and Quad ESL-988s.
Simple and satisfying.