I actually pretty much agree, but I saddled myself with the aps, and now
I have to either make them work or sell them.

My room clearly has issues, so fixing those is a win either way.
I've also been toying with the idea of keeping the behringer and
squeezebox, and driving the speakers with a tact 2150. Then the whole
thing is just:

squeezebox->deq->int amp->speakers

I might have jitter issues then, but the system would be simple. I am a
little leery about the equibit thing, since then any major format change
would make the thing completely useless, afaik.

the cheapo class av123 thing I'm going to try also has a built in dac.
I figure if it's great, then I'll use it in the living room, otherwise
I put it in the bedroom, and live with the mccormack/classe until I get
the tact or whatever. Hypex is coming out with their own smps soon, so I
could conceivably even do diy for the amp (I hate the idea of building
an amp nearly as heavy and heat producing as the mccormack).

--
totoro