This is clearly all a ways off for me :).

I was thinking along the lines of

sb3->behringer->(lavry blue w/clock card or apogee rosetta 200 or
whatever)->amplification

This would run me about the same amount of money as getting a
transporter, since I already have the deq and the sb3.

Not sure I agree that your solution is simpler :).

We'll have to compare notes as we evolve our systems, I guess. I think
either way would produce pretty good sound.

If I had more money, I might consider deqx or tact, but that is a lot
of money. The beauty of the behringer is that it's cheap, and from all
reports does an at least adequate job.

In the meantime, I need to get my room straightened out and get my eq
curves right :)

--
totoro