That's a point well taken and it would be nice to know what other gear
he was using.  However, Mauidan was wrong: we know what JA used in his
review, and it was a pretty nice bit of gear.  The other point I was
trying to make, and it quite valid, is that a properly functioning DAC
does not care what transport or cable you are using, so long as the
input bits are there.  The idea is that it deals with jitter all on its
own.  A poorly designed DAC, of course, does not do this, or at least
doesn't do a very good job, and so the differences in transporters
and/or cables become relevant.

--
highdudgeon

SB3->Lavry DA10->Nuforce 9.02s->Harbeth Monitor 30s/Skylan stands.
Simple and satisfying.  In a larger room, I would move back to larger
speakers, subs, and probably RCS.