occam;137545 Wrote:
> Well golly, at least our drunken stupor had some consistently. We also
> found that a modded external DAC, $200 all in, including swaps of the 3
> socketed opamps, although impressive, didn't equal the $8,000 Dodson.
> Same thing as the SB, save for the fact that those who brought the DAC,
> agreed, didn't whinge about it and make snarky comments
>
> Given the faith based opinions expressed by many here, I'd assume folks
> didn't want to put up with the inevitable whinging. Is it devatating
> news that a given product 5x+ more expensive might be better? Nor does
> concluding that the SB isn't the bestest transport in the whole wide
> world take anything away from the tremendous value that the SB3
> offers.
>
> Indeed, opinions are like bodily orifices, everybody has at least six.
> I might even judge yours to be credible if it was based upon
> comparisons to an Oracle of Aberdeen modded Nothstar. That being said,
> I do feel the SB2/3 is the best transport one can get for <$500 ($300
> for the SB and $200 to diy a proper ps and powerconditioner). That SB
> is certainly better (IMO, based on actual comparisons) as a transport
> than an EA modded Sony S7700, which in olden days was quite highly
> regarded.
>
> Back off from what? You, or just my responding to the (IMO) silly
> comments you make?

occam - first of all the only snarkiness is coming from you.

second, while you may not give a shit about it, this thread is useful
information to many of us who like the Slim approach, regardless of
whether we're delusional in the minds of the rest of the audiophile
community, so it would be greatly appreciated if you did indeed back
off the ad hominem commentary and stick to the actual topic at hand.
You appear to have something useful to say, but it gets lost - and
distracts us from the rest of the threas - when you take an attitude of
attacking someons personally. Now, I know you're going to say, "I didn't
attack him personally, blah blah, I only attacked what he said." To that
I'll say pre-emptively - bullshit, face up to what you said and don't
play the passive-aggressive route after-the-fact.

/rant off

--
joncourage