Is anyone using slimserver and a digital crossover for a bi-amped
configuration? I'm trying to figure out how to achieve this and ideally
keep some kind of analogue volume control.

Last weekend I went to a HiFi show and was blown away by a system
demo'd by Overkill (http://www.overkillaudio.com/). One component of
the system was the DEQX PDC 2.6P pre-amp/digital processor.

http://www.deqx.com/PDC26P-Preamp.html

It's a very cool device and points they way to the future for me.
There's an extensive review of it here:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/deqx/deqx.html

But it's around £3000 so its got me wondering how similiar
functionality could be assembled using PC software and lower cost
components.

The Inguz Audio plug-in's look like a good start but if you split the
stereo signal at the server, you still need to get it to your playback
system.

So has anyone done this or have a good idea of a good way to do it?

btw - I've looked at the Behringer DCX2496 but it's got no volume
control.

Ian

--
ianwi