ianwi;139857 Wrote:
> The Inguz Audio plug-in's look like a good start but if you split the
> stereo signal at the server, you still need to get it to your playback
> system.
> Ian
You're probably not thinking this, but in case the above sentence
indicates you've been toying with the notion of doing the crossover
server-side and sending frequency ranges to distinct Squeezeboxen...
give that one right up.  Even if support for sending
differently-processed flavors of a single stream to multiple SBs isn't
too hard (and the apparent support for sending 96K to Transporters and
downsampling to 48K for SBs makes me think the plumbing is probably
mostly there), the synchronization would probably kill you.  Currently
the syncing of multiple SBs is decent, and generally good enough for
multi-room use despite a tendency to drift a bit as something hours
long is played, but small synchronization errors which one can stand
between rooms would make you absolutely mental if they were between
drivers of a single speaker.

--
jbm0