Actually that "modder" is a very good guy with a good reputation. He has
done some work for me in the past on a different device and the
improvement was substantial. Now of course he may have a vested
interest in claiming his modded SB2 is superior, but that doesn't make
him wrong. He is a pretty reliable and honest guy though. As to making
fun of him for using old versions of the software and firmware, that is
because due to some element in his mods, the older versions work better.
If you look around, you will actually find a lot of people who prefer
the earlier firmware revision who don't have his mod. That is why
someone spent the time to write a firmware selector utility. I just got
my SB very recently so I haven't tried it out and have no idea about the
claims.

Tim

--
Tim S