PhilNYC;141743 Wrote:
> I found that using an Elpac linear power supply (I bought from an
> eletronics surplus website for $17) removed a significant amount of
> sibilance/brightness I was getting when using my SB2 with an external
> DAC.

1st I plugged the stock PS into a dedicated line, then a power
conditioner............a lot of improvement.

Then I tried a Bolder modified Elpac..............a lot more
improvement............
well worth the cost tighter bass better soundstage and a much smoother
high end, much less fatiguing.
I got one of the last 17.00 Elapacs...........the other supply stores
have caught on that audiofools ;-)  want them and the price is now
40.00. ,

I went for the Bolder mods partially from the reviews and partially
because I didn't want to hassle with changing the
connecter.................I hate changing my guitar
strings, but I have to.(I have a cordless screwdriver with stringwinder
attached, it's like changing tires at the Indy 500) BTW, I am offering a
Bybeee modded String changer that is gauranteed to make your guitar
sound better, It is based on the membrane, parallell universe of string
theory, it induces quantum bliss into each string, but only when you
play Bach. price is 200,000 and WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I had the Elpac shiped directly to Bolder............my total cost was
109.00 delivered to my house.
A pro recording engineer was visiting when the modded Elpac arrived.
He also noticed a very big difference from the stock PS and thought it
was without doubt  worth the money.
This guy builds much of his own equipment. recommended the Lavry10 and
is not a tweak geek.
I think of him as a moderate skeptic like me.

Although I am trying to sell him one of my string winders.

Anyway the Elpac/Bolder mod is pretty cheap, especially if your not a
diy guy like me.

--
tomjtx