Right.  And precisely against Sean's advice.  Sean has no vested
interest here.  He could hype the SB and tell you that you no longer
need outside analog attenuation.  But he doesn't do that.  Why?
Because there are technical reasons why: 1) you could have a failure
and that would be a problem.  Just because YOUR clients haven't
experienced doesn't mean it is impossible, and 2) they've been using
considerable DIGITAL attenuation with an older version of the software
(the newer, as in this month version improves things), which means they
have been degrading their signal.  Great.

SD have recommended, over and over, that you lock the SB on max and use
your line stage to control volume.  Many or most audiophiles do exactly
this.

But, you're a vendor, a great new product is out, and you don't have an
agenda and are being completely objective, right?

--
highdudgeon

SB3->Lavry DA10->Nuforce 9.02s->Harbeth Monitor 30s/Skylan stands.
Simple and satisfying.  In a larger room, I would move back to larger
speakers, subs, and probably RCS.  My larger speakers were, natch,
Harbeth Monitor 40s with dual ACI Force subwoofers, a Bel Canto line
stage (wonderful device) a Rane EQ system, and measurement gear
including calibrated mics, a Presonus audio device, measurement
software for the Mac, etc.  It's nice being back to simple.