opaqueice;144309 Wrote:
> I've been using the inguz filter for months now - it makes a big
> difference.  For linux there's a program called brutefir - if you
> search the forums you'll find someone that successfully used that.
Do you have a feeling for what sort of CPU power is needed to run the
inguz room correction on Linux using brutefir?

inguz says that for Windows, you need a 2GHz+ CPU. Is there anyone
about who's running it on Windows that can comment on this? Do you
really need that much CPU?

I'm interested in inguz' stuff, but at the moment my Slimserver is
running under FreeBSD on a 500MHz CPU, and my Windows server is Win2K
on a 533MHz mini-ITX, so I'm trying to figure out what sort of hardware
and/or OS upgrade would be required.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?