dcolak;144915 Wrote:
>  SB3 is configured to use digital volume (I think that the analog volume
> control of SB3 is at 100% at all times). The situation is the same if I
> lower the digital volume to 10 (0-100) instead of having it paused.

'Digital Volume Control' in player settings>audio only affects the
digital outputs, so being configured to use digital volume shouldn't
matter w/ regards to the analog output.

The volume control on the remote (and in the web interface) controls
the analog output no matter what, having them at 100% means you're not
using SB as a preamp.

I'm assuming from your previous post that your amp has gain settings...
To set the gains on the amp, turn them all the way down and run the SB3
into it at full volume with a loudly mastered track playing. Turn up
the gains until the level is just below 'too loud'. Now you can use the
SB3 remote to control volume, preferably staying above settings 50/100
to maintain good SNR. If you find you're always listening at the lower
end of the scale you can adjust the gains to get you back closer to
100.

I sincerely apologize if you knew all this.. :)

--
Skunk