Skunk;144926 Wrote:
> 'Digital Volume Control' in player settings>audio only affects the
> digital outputs, so being configured to use digital volume shouldn't
> matter w/ regards to the analog output.
> I sincerely apologize if you knew all this.. :)

Thank you for all the information. :) Unfortunately NAD C370 does not
have the gain setting so there is no way I can use SqueezeBox3 without
pre-amp or an attenuator. Level of hiss is just too high.

I thought that SB3 was a hi-fi product that was better than my sound
card, that was the primary reason I bought it (instead of couple of
meters of interconnect cables).

Doesn't all the hiss corrupt the sound quality? M-Audio's sound card
sounds much "better" with more airy sound, black between instruments is
more pronounced and overall soundstage is more precise.

--
dcolak