To throw another suggestion into the mix I suggest checking out
AV123.com. In particular their "x" series speakers which fit into your
budget. They currently have some package deals for offer,
http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=83.1
I own the x-ls, x-cs & x-sub and could not be happier for the price,
the customer service is also above and beyond. I run a Denon AVR-2805
with these speakers with a similar music to movie ratio as you.
Depending on your listening room size you may want to upgrade the sub
if your requirement is to have heart pounding bass whilst viewing
movies. In my situation, the x-sub fits the bill, very musical yet
provides decent LFE when required. AV123 is also releasing a
floor-standing version of the x-ls soon, the x-sls. This would negate
having to purchase stands and should provide improved bass response.

Disclaimer: I do not work or have any association with AV123 except
being a satisfied customer.

--
AnotherTribe