I have a four inch line of sight connection -- seriously!  My computer
is in another room entirely, alone with an Aiport Extreme base station
with a Dr. Bot universal attena.  That bounces over to another room
(although there is an opening with no wall) where my audio system
lives.  I have an Airport Express on the same shelf as my SB3 -- and
always get 99-100% transmission.

One possibility is that the SB3 and my Lavry DAC are falling out of
synch...which means one of them is not operating entirely within spec.
Who knows.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.