Listener;149085 Wrote:
> I spent 3 months exploring lots of player software alternatives before
> getting serious about ripping our 1800-2000 CDs.  About 2/3 of our CD
> collection is classical msic.  For me, album covers don't matter for
> most of our CDs.  Being able to use an iTunes like interface for
> browsing is essential for me.  For Jazz and pop CDs, album covers are
> my way of identifying desert island disks.  At this point, I don't know
> how much seeing album covers matters to me.  I have a srong sense of
> what I want from a user interface but it is still  evolving.
>
> However, I understand that other people might need different things.  I
> think that threads like this one are useful  to discuss alternatives for
> the ideas they contain.
>
> Thanks, Amy for sharing your experience.
>
> Bill

there is a cover mode, but there is also a 3 pane artist/album/song
mode. i should also point out that there are multiple skins (skin in
the video != skin in the marketing photos). along those lines, if
someone is a classical music buff,  who says there can't be a skin
specifically designed around how one would browse classical /
orchestrial music?

--
bmaudio