radish;149202 Wrote:
> "That much data"? How much data? For 5000 albums we're talking what,
> 50-60k records?

actually, i was referring more to the graphical aspect of it, as making
cover browsing that fast is pretty difficult. but for the album data, it
can get much larger than that because there are pre-defined
genres/moods/credits etc for everything.. and considering that you can
slice & dice the dataset it is pretty impressive coupled with the
browsing speed.

so in essence, it isn't impossible to do given vast resources like you
say, but it is hard to do it right. my point was that it is a harder
problem than phil seems to convey when he said 'make a winamp plugin'.
otherwise, make a winamp plugin for $10k and beat them to the punch :P

--
bmaudio