I remember burning in my new IC, and that went thought some changes, one
evening I had to turn it down as it sounded terible all scritchy top,
not a lot of bottom - it almost went back to the shop!  After a couple
of days it filled lowered and smoothed - lovely - but it did have me
worried for a while.
Thankfully it has stayed nice :D

If this cable is just Cu, would not the tracks on the cct boards of
electronic equipment and maybe other metals and materials in componects
change with time.

Maybe its a reveling system that shows these differences easier and a
well trained pair of ears :)

Mine are probably out of practice now at hearing differences, as they
have been hearing the same kit for a good while now.

--
Deaf Cat