LikeButtah;155084 Wrote:
>  How could I check to see how much attenuation is needed?

I don't think there is a method for predetermining it. By checking, I
meant slowly turn the SB3->303 from zero until it's at maximum
listening level. Since the SB3 vol scale works in .5 dB steps you can
roughly estimate how much attenuation would put your loudest listening
level at 100/100. If you can only bear to turn it up to 60/100, that
roughly equates to needing 30 dB attenuation to properly use the SB3 as
preamp. If your friend is handy maybe he can wire the appropriate
resistor into your interconnect?

If I read correctly those Dynaudios were rated at 150W continuous power
handling, so it doesn't seem like a short burst of full power from your
50W amp would hurt them (though the nature of the noise won't be
musical..)

OTOH, if you were doubling the continous rated power of the monitors at
300/side- and using the SB3 as preamp with a max volume of 12, you'd be
running considerably more risk.

--
Skunk