tomsi42;157804 Wrote:
> Lucky Guy ;) If I remember correctly, it is Jameson that is the
> recommended Whiskey for Irish Coffee. And it is quite drinkable on its
> own as well. My personal favorite Irish whiskey is Bushmills Malt -
> straight.

Yes, I got the Jameson as it is the recommended one for the Irish
coffee. I did go through some whiskey review sites, since I am not into
drinking hard stuff. The only brand I know from childhood days is JW.

Re: Skin effect. Yes, it does not seem plausible (I have a CS/EE
degree). But the funny thing. Audio sounds good only when so many
things are addressed. Ultimately, it is difficult to tell which one
made a difference. Audioquest have always been touting their 'polished'
surface wires. Many say, the smooth surface, just reduces the oxidation,
causing bad dielectric creation at the conductor/insulation boundaries.
So my take is, we need a real scientific investigation into all these,
but I am doubtful it will be conclusive. Meanwhile, I do all the
'tweaks' which even has a semblance of credibility, as long as it does
not cost me a fortune.
My SB3 seems to have improved over the last two months. Also, I feel
switching off the display during playback makes a difference. But I
cannot substantiate this.

--
SoftwireEngineer