wdrazek, you and I are on the exact same paths.  At my house, my
surround system is monopolized by the wife and kids so I too decided to
build a dedicated 2-channel system in the living room for myself.

I also wanted to keep it simple and clean with the SqueezeBox3 as the
only source.  It not only looks good, it sounds good as well.
SB3 -> PS Audio Trio A-100 -> B&W DM603 S3s.

I see some folks find using a preamp as the volume control improves the
sound. In the short term I'll probably stick with the system as-is, but
long-term I've been considering the Lavry DA10 DAC as it's gotten great
reviews for it's sound (I see Ben Diss in this thread has one, comments
Ben?) and the volume control is analog but unfortunately, there's no
remote available for it ... yet.

--
USAudio