I recently started running a Transporter without preamp into a pair of
valve monoblocks - PrimaLuna Prologue Sevens - with success.

* The output impedance of the Tp is 100R, vs the amps' input of
approaching 100kR, which is a ratio of 1000, against rules of thumb
saying anything above from x10 to x250, so there should be no problem
of treble roll-off due to impedance mismatch.

* The max output of the Tp is 3Vrms and the amps require as little as
1Vrms for maximum output so there is no prob hitting maximum volume

I didn't expect any electrical problems or gain problems, and there
aren't any :) The sound is excellent. There are two drawbacks so far:

* I have no feed for a sub. This could be added either by RCA
Y-adapters on the Tp RCA output, or by drilling and mounting an extra
RCA pass-through socket on each amp. Note that the balanced outputs are
fixed level so I can't used these :(

* Other digital sources such as laptop can be connected in, but to use
other analogue sources one must use an ADC into the Tp, such as the
Behringer SRC2496

--
SteveC