I've just received the adapters for my new Globe Tek linear supply
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31971).

First, I checked to make sure the adapter fits, which it does.  The end
going to the PS fits perfectly; the end into the SB is about 5mm too
long, so there's a little bit of exposed connector visible.  Not a
problem.

Second, I measured the voltage: 5.17 V, which is exactly what the stock
wallwart measures.  So no problem there either.

Third, I plugged it in...  and, well - it works.  The PS isn't
vibrating or humming at all as far as I can tell.  After 45 minutes
it's just barely warm.  I checked for 60Hz noise pollution in the
output - nothing.  With amp and SB volume maxed there's a faint white
noise background audible a few inches from the tweeter.  Playing a
silent track it's a few dB louder than with the SB idle.  Interestingly
I can easily hear the "display tone" others have noted from the right
channel when the SB is idle and the display is maxed.  All this with
the stock wallwart unplugged from the wall, as per the received wisdom
on this forum.

I compared this to the SB powered by the stock wallwart; it's
absolutely identical as far as I can tell.  Which raises an interesting
question - if the stock wallwart really sounds worse than the linear,
why isn't there a difference in the noise floor for the SB when it's
idle or playing a silent track?  Doesn't it seem odd that the effect is
audible during complex musical passages, but not present at all when the
noise floor is clearly audible?

Which brings me to music.  So far, I don't hear any differences.  I'll
try again later when I have more time to listen.

--
opaqueice