Carver tweaked one of his amps to sound like a tube amp, fed one channel
into one speaker, fed one channel of a high end tube amp into another
speaker and placed the speakers face to face, I think just a few inches
a part. I don't remember, but he must have reversed the phases.

The result total cancellation, no sound being emitted. His claim, the
two amps were identical. Hard to believe the results could be so clear.
But Carver is well known his habit of shaking up the audio community. By
the way, I briefly owned a Carver amp back then, hated the sound.
Shrill.

--
regalma1