ezkcdude;184290 Wrote:
> As someone who certainly believes in, if not actually practices, ABX, I
> would love if this test produced a positive result. Who cares which
> test you use to show differences? As long as the tests are unbiased,
> any positive result (i.e. audible difference) is something worth
> shooting for.
Not sure you quite got the point I was trying to make. (If you did, and
I've misunderstood your reply, then my apologies).

What I was trying to get at is that it seems entirely plausible to me
that while an ABX test using the full signal might yield a negative
result (meaning that there is no audible difference while listening to
actual music), it is quite possible that this difference test will
produce a positive result. The flat-earthers will then latch onto that
result to support their claims that the difference they think they hear
is real, and therefore proves that ABX is flawed.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?