Eric Carroll;184111 Wrote:
> Phil,
Sometimes you seem to ignore my posts, then repost what I said as
epiphany found elsewhere- so even though I'm not phil I'll jump in :-)

> 2. Check out 'this posting'
> (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=30999&view=findpost&p=475231)
> on Hydrogen Audio. A poster there appears to show positive results on
> HDCD decode visible in the waveform.

Those are not positive results. I linked to positive results on page
two, pointing out that the dynamic range is what changed. I can see
without enlarging that the dynamic range is the same in your link.

'Here
are
positive
results' (http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowhdcd9eg.png)

> I think I need to try buying another HDCD. Its been suggested that some
> HDCDs dont use the compression feature in the mastering process.
Yeah.. by me. four posts up. There is a link to known hdcd there if you
care to revisit.

--
Skunk