Skunk;184169 Wrote:
> I linked to positive results on page two, pointing out that the dynamic
> range is what changed. I can see without enlarging that the dynamic
> range is the same in your link.

I have been using your posting #12 extensively on this. The first link
is the methdology I and Phil were using after sorting out the !#%^!&
WMP issues.

However, the second posting you linked to there was some question in
the thread and in my mind if the guy was really comparing the right
things. I wasn't ignoring it, I was trying to replicate it... which I
have not succeed in yet (neither Phil nor I had). He talks alot about
redithering and processing. I just wanted to get to a straight up rip
to decode caputure comparison.

Actually I didn't miss your post #106 either, but I think I misread it
and I got confused, and i did see your HDCD list, thanks.

I just don't understand and am very confused by what the point of HDCD
is if it doesn't bother to recover more dynamic range.

One thing I found out was that unknown to me, I still had the Windows
Media Run Time for version 11 installed throughout all this, so just in
the last day I was trying to figure out if that was causing some kind of
DRM access failure or something. I pulled it out and still get the same
waveform - no dynamic range increase.

So agree I need to try another HDCD. Hopefully I will see what everyone
other than me sees.

Can I ask if you have actually replicated this yourself? The link you
reposted is just from the originator of the hydrogenaudio thread. Just
checking.

I do appreciate your guidance and help in this. Its been a bit of a
learning experience for me. I have to admit I have way more cool audio
tools installed now.

Again, thanks.

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Rotel RB890-B&W Matrix 805
SB3-Pioneer VSX-49TXi-Mirage OM7+C2+R2
ReadyNAS NV+