seanadams;184593 Wrote:
> That's perfectly fair, but in the context of a discussion about the
> shortcomings of s/pdif, it seems odd to me that one would dismiss the
> idea of simply not using s/pdif! Especially not having heard it...

I thought I mentioned that I actually own a Transporter and prefer the
sound through an external DAC . . .

I know I'm risking the wrath of Slim Devices by saying this to one of
the designers, but I think there were some choices made in the
Transporter analog output stage that I think hurt the sound.  In
particular, I'm thinking that the electrolytic cap coupling between the
DAC chip and the subsequent op amp stage(s) is probably an impediment to
highest quality sound.

With greatest respect.

---Gary

--