adamslim;194227 Wrote:

> - Pace, rhythm and timing - epitomised by Naim equipment, I guess, and
> analogue over 'bits'
>
> - Space and timbre - fidelity to the natural sound of instruments,
> valve junkies the lot of them (us!)
>
> - Clarity and impact - detail from full frequency range - big US kit

I've been thinking for a while now about trade offs, for example:
I listened to a Meridian/Naim system a while back very in your face
treble did not miss a bit, very open, and clarity I thought was very
good, if maybe a bit too errrm... in my face.  Then listened to a
Linn/Arcam system voices were so much softer but in being soft I felt
there was a lack of clarity, much easier on the ear enabling long
listening periods, but I felt it needed a bit more clarity to sharpen
up the realness.

Listened to my own system (in comparison a total beginer system) and
the voices were somewhere in between the Naim and Arcam kit, so was the
kick/impact   :D

So I guess I fall in the, somewhere inbetween them all group :)

--
Deaf Cat