Patrick Dixon;194944 Wrote:
> The key here is the bits per second part.  How many bits per second in
> an analogue audio signal?

The answer for an optimal signal is C = B log(1 + S/N).  If the log is
taken base 2, the units are bits/second.

> To save you struggling with the answer, it's none (N/A) - because it's
> an analogue not a digital signal!

It wasn't much of a struggle, actually, since you can look it up
anywhere on the web or near the beginning of any intro to information
theory book.  It's been well understood at least since the 1940's.  But
you don't seem willing to learn anything - ignorance is bliss, I
suppose.

--
opaqueice