jmourik;173941 Wrote:
> Does anybody have experience with one of these dacs?
>
> PS Audio Digital Link III
> http://www.psaudio.com/products/digital_link_iii_overview.asp
>
> Stello DA100
> http://hifi500.com/product/da100.htm
> http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/stello_da100.htm
>
> Altmann Attraction DAC
> http://www.mother-of-tone.com/attraction.htm
> http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0506/zero_oversampling_dac.htm
>

> Trying to see if anything can compete with the Lavry DA10...
>
> jan

At this point I can say I really am enjoying the PS Audio DAC.   I
leave upsampling on 192 and keep it there.    I am beginning to think
Delta-Sigmas are not so bad afterall -- it has a balanced and
layed-back aspect to it -- so in that respect I would call it somewhat
warm.   Perhaps it has inband noiseshaping artifacts and whatnot from
Delta-Sigma and ASRC circuitry -- but I cannot hear that compared to my
older DAC which used the venerable PCM1704 high end(non-delta sigma)
chips. By comparison this older DAC sounded somewhat edgy and harsh.
With the PSA, highs can be incredible, and bass strong and tight --
especially with quality cables.   Playing 24/48 through the SB to the
upsampling PSA DAC is a current thrill -- some reaching new levels of
resolution and naturalness in my system.

--
jt25741

SB3->AR Masters Coax -> PS Audio DLIII -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR ->
Sim Audio P5 -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR -> Sim Audio W5 -> PS Audio
Xtreme Plus(Low) AQCV4(mid/hi)-> Magnepan 3.6R