Hi,

I'm getting a better paying job and want to waste my money on audio
equipment! Help me.

I plan to rip all of my CDs, put them on an external hard drive and get
a Transporter (which I would operate from my MacBook Pro).

So far, so good, I hope.

I'm then thinking about using the Transporter to directly feed the
PrimaLuna Monoblocks (Prologue 6 or 7). Then, from this, drive Gallo
Reference 3.1. Totaly cost of the system is around $7500 (with the
Transporter).

Does this sound like a good set up? I figure I could later upgrade the
system by buying a good pre-amp, the Gallo amp (which effectively adds
a sub-woofer to the Gallo's), a good stand, etc. Do you think there
would be a better way to spend $7500 on music equipment?

I listen to a lot of reggae, jazz, soul, some hip hop, some rock,
various latin and african music. I'm a music freak. I want awe and
musicality without changing the character of the music (by making it
lush, etc.). I want good. And I want convenient, which is why the
PrimaLuna autobiasing tubes is particularly appealing (although it is
too bad they don't have balanced inputs).

Any advice or thoughts greatly appreciated!

--
Hypnotoad