I tried this and couldn't hear any difference with either my
Transporter, SB2, or SB3.  My music collection is stored in Apple
Lossless, but I convert to WAV in Slimserver before sending to the
TP/SB.  In all cases, I'm using a wireless connection.  Using a Dodson
DA-218 DAC with the Transporter, a Bel Canto DAC3 with the SB3, and a
Zhaolu DAC2.0 with the SB2.  Speakers being used are the Focus Audio
FS-888, FS-688, and Acoustic Zen Adagios.  Preamps include a Blue
Circle BC3000mkII w/GZpz power supply, Bel Canto Pre3, and no preamp
(SB2 is hooked directly to the amp).  Amps include a Blue Circle BC206
hybrid stereo amp, a pair of Bel Canto ref1000 monoblocks, and a Bel
Canto S300 stereo amp.

For some context regarding what I do hear, I hear differences when
using an Elpac power supply with my SB2; I hear differences between
various interconnects, speaker cables, and power cords; and in certain
systems I can hear differences in vibration control devices et al.  But
I couldn't hear a difference in this particular case.

My two cents...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.