omega;212059 Wrote:
> Hi Agian Phil Leigh!
>
> Thanks for giving this a try! :-)
>
> Can you test one more thing?
> If you have a Optical cable, Try the Optical Out from SB3
> Mabye your "Altmann JISCO+UPCI" is helping you ?
> Please try without the "Altmann JISCO+UPCI" over Optical.
>
> Both me and Hammer65 hear the differance in Stream Flac as Wave.
> And many more in this forum.
> Anyway i hear the bugg with Flac streamed as FLAC.
>
> Do you have the X-PSU also ? (I Have)
>
> Best regards
>
> /Mats the strange Swed  ! :-)

Mats - I can't try optical at the moment as I don't have a cable.
However, can you clarify...do you hear this effect with both "stream
flac as wav" and "stream flac as flac"?

I do have the X-PSU.

If I take the Altmann boxes out of the loop I don't like the sound and
the effect of taking them out is bigger than the one you describe (I
think).

Have you tried setting preamp volume to 63 (off) yet?
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)