hammer65;213201 Wrote:
> ...I can't buy Seanadams comment: "There is nothing different between a
> pause and a power off aside from what's shown on the screen". Why can
> we hear the difference when nothing happens?Could it be a clock issue
> or maybe a jitterproblem that affects the soundquality?

Hammer, you're new here, so you may not realize that Sean designed the
Squeezebox.  If he says there's nothing different between pause and
power off, then I'm pretty damn sure there's nothing different.  He
knows exactly what the hardware does.  Really.

> We are only interested if someone could find a solution/fix for our
> problem. We are not talking about placebo affect nor problems with
> scandinavian ears.
> /hammer65

What everyone is trying to tell you is that you haven't provided useful
data to help solve the problem.  You keep working through listening
tests with friends, neighbors, and even a measurement guy, when this
isn't what will solve the "problem" you are talking about.

If you really want someone to help you, try following their
suggestions.  The most important one has been mentioned several times
now: using a computer soundcard, record the digital output from the
Squeezebox for both cases and compare them.  If the ones-and-zeroes for
the music are different, then the Squeezebox is at fault; if they
aren't, the problem is either somewhere else in the chain, or it is a
placebo effect.  To confirm it isn't in your DAC , try recording the
analog output from the DAC (as suggested a couple of times now) and use
the audiodiff tool to compare the files.  A difference here shows the
fault is with the DAC.

Since none of us can actually participate in your "friends and family"
testing as we're all a few thousand miles away, the results of that
testing are useless to us.  The only way anyone is going to be able to
help is if you cooperate by attempting the tests suggested.

-=> Jim

--
JimC