omega;213318 Wrote:
> -seanadams
>
> you wrote this in this thread:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=25907&highlight=fixed+volume

> If you want to ensure 16-bit passthrough with the additional bits being
> zeroes, choose "fixed digital volume" in player settings.

> Can you please explain some more about this for me?

It just makes it so you (or someone else in the household) can't
accidentally change the volume. It is precisely the same thing as if
you set it to variable at 100%.

You just have to make sure it's set to 100% when using variable,
whereas in fixed you are _prevented_ from choosing a different level.
THAT IS ALL THE SETTING DOES!

> Many other in this forum claims that "Fixed" sounds better than
> variable. But is this a "placebo" thing to?

Yes, now you're starting to get it.    ;)

--
seanadams