brjann;217713 Wrote:

> To test if Mats experience is a result of selective processing or not,
> no fancy testing equipment is required. As has been pointed out, he
> simply has to prove in a blind test that he can more often than chance
> will accurately say what method of pausing was used.
Good post.

However, I think that identifying the source/method is an unnecessary
and overcomplicated step.  You simply need to repeatedly be able to
detect a difference when there is one, and no difference when there
isn't.

Identifying which is which is not required to prove that the two cases
are different, and trying to do it introduces a whole new set of
perceptive errors into the experiment.

Once you have established a difference, you can then set about trying
to identify what that difference is, and whether one case is an
improvement on the other.

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk