eiret;225972 Wrote:
> I am not an audiophile, i post here anyway.
> Experts recommend analog volum control and digital volum set to 100%.
> You are all agree about that i think. Since you cant hear any decrease
> in audio quality when using digital volume compare to analog volum
> control, i think we are using 24 or 16 bit all the time(16/24bit
> recording).
>
> Bechause i think we need all the bits anyway if we are using 40% volum
> or 90% volum. This is an 8 bit example :
> 00101000 = 40% volum    01011010 = 90% volum To me, digitally thinking,
> we use every bit either using 40% or 90% of the volum. Bechause the
> zeroes 0`s are also bits.
>
> Remember, i am not an computer/bit expert neither an audiophile, but
> this is my thoughts, contribution. If i am wrong i will not be hurt he
> he ..:)

BUT, i will use analog volume control when i eventually get one. Just
to get the best audio quality mathematical binary thinking.

It is measurable mathematically.
But that is not the same as saying it is audible, that you can hear it.
Maybe you must have an $200 000 equipment to hear the difference.

It IS measurable. Something to do with the binary 2 - number system. It
cant be as accurat as 10 - number system. I forgot my earlier reading.
You can read about it here somewhere :
http://extra.benchmarkmedia.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
eiret