eiret;226012 Wrote:
> The experts are here
> http://extra.benchmarkmedia.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Presumably you are referring to the "digital volume control" section in
the "computer audio playback setup guide", and have noted this
sentence:

> Disasterous distortion can potentially arise when a digital volume
> control is implemented.

Please note the very important words "can" and "potentially" in this
sentence. Just because something *can* happen doesn't mean it *will*.

eiret;226012 Wrote:
> It is measureable mathematically that analog is better on the finished
> product. That said, i am bad in math(thats why i am refering to
> experts).
If the analogue volume control is implemented with a precision stepped
attenuator using carefully matched resistors, then that's true.
(Although whether the difference will be audible is debateable).

But if the analogue volume control is implemented with any kind of
potentiometer, I seriously doubt it. Even the finest potentiometers
have tracking inaccuracies far worse than the rounding errors resulting
from a 24 bit digital volume control.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A