eiret wrote:

> Every time we are using digital volumecontrol, i quote from the
> guide(dont know if it is allowed?): To apply gain or attenuation to a
> digital audio signal, a multiplication is performed on each digital
> sample that collectively create the digital audio signal.
>
> If we use 24bit/96khz in todays audio, we stays within the potential of
> 0,5% error, presumably. And only the last digit will be affected.

It's not too difficult to ensure that there is *no* rounding error by
choosing suitable multiplication values for each step of the volume setting.

Slimserver does this check out this thread for details:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17269

The bottom line is that if you keep your volume level at or above -30dB
then there will be no rounding errors induced in changing the level of
the digital signal.

R.