Meatwad650;228970 Wrote:
> Sorry, but I gotta call BS on that.  I think the only real signal loss
> for some of this stuff is between the auditory nerve and the auditory
> cortex. :)
>
> For those that would suggest the digital path sounds different then
> basically you're suggesting that something is causing signal errors
> when decoding flac?
>
> And if the analog path sounds different then it sounds like your DAC is
> faulty.  Input of the same bitstream to a DAC (and the bitstream is
> provably the same) will cause the same output.
>
> Maybe I need to get out of this audiophile forum - I can't turn off the
> engineer side of my brain enough to drink the kool-aid. :)

No, the hypothesis is not that there are decoding errors.  The
hypothesis is that since the CPU must perform different work when
processing FLAC than it does when processing WAV, that that difference
results in different physical properties (e.g., differences in radio
frequency emissions), which then results in audible differences.

FWIW, I am extremely skeptical.  However, there is nothing wrong with
the logic of the argument.

--
jeffmeh