Meatwad650;228970 Wrote:
> Sorry, but I gotta call BS on that.  I think the only real signal loss
> for some of this stuff is between the auditory nerve and the auditory
> cortex. :)
>
> For those that would suggest the digital path sounds different then
> basically you're suggesting that something is causing signal errors
> when decoding flac?
>
> And if the analog path sounds different then it sounds like your DAC is
> faulty.  Input of the same bitstream to a DAC (and the bitstream is
> provably the same) will cause the same output.
>
> Maybe I need to get out of this audiophile forum - I can't turn off the
> engineer side of my brain enough to drink the kool-aid. :)

To be clear - I've tested this and found no difference at all in my
system. I wasn't claiming to AGREE with the theory - you asked what it
was!

Others (who you are free to call BS on as much as you like) find
differently.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)