cliveb;232037 Wrote:
> Phil, from your postings here you appear to be that very rare animal - a
> Linn devotee with a sense of proportion (and a sense of humour). Most
> Linn afficionados get rather tetchy when the infallibility of Ivor and
> his products is questioned. I applaud your down-to-earth attitude.

Cheers Clive - I learned many years ago that I could never subscribe to
that quasi-religious stuff that started in the late 70's...

I was lucky enough to buy one of the very first Linn AKtiv systems
(after they had the bust up with Naim and launched their own power
amps). That alone put me in strange territory with the flat-earth
society :o). I've done the whole LP12 bit but had to get out before I
went bankrupt! (the CD12 was a bargain by comparison!).

I do like Linn gear a lot - I like the engineering which is generally
first-rate,,,and I like the sound. I do wish they would start producing
sensibly priced gear again. I am not a millionaire, I don't have an
Aston Martin or a luxury yacht. That seems to be their primary market
these days.

Fortunately they do still (just about) make reasonably priced power
amps, but I have no idea what I would do if lost my 5103 or
speakers...

Actually I do. I'd go and get some active ATC's ;o)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)