cliveb;232036 Wrote:
> I may ridicule some of Linn's pronouncements from time to time, but in
> this case I think they have a point. Consider the numerous threads in
> these forums about dropout problems, and how nearly all of them are
> eventually traced to wireless networking problems. I think Linn have
> made a canny decision to avoid any of that headache.
>
> On the other hand, given the disruption that would be caused by routing
> Cat5e/Cat6 through walls, I suspect that many Klimax owners will end up
> with the server in the listening room. The background noise from a
> spinning hard disk (even the quietest type) will overwhelm any subtle
> advantages to be had from the state-of-the-art DAC and analogue
> circuitry that I assume is inside the Klimax.

And for every posted problem there are many times more that don't have
problems at all.  I have a TP and 2 SB on my network, and do file
transfers all the time between my laptop and my server and don't see
dropouts.

I also live in an area where I can see 10 access points including a
municipal one across the street that pumps out a watt.  Careful
selection of what channel I'm on, and reasonable location for my AP is
all I need to have full 54mbit signal and 20MB/sec transfers anywhere
in my (small by most people's standards) flat.

--
SuperQ