Will your local dealers let you take home the power cables and test them
yourself?  If a dealer will let you take home a power conditioner and
all the cables you need to power your system with a no questions asked
return policy, why not take them home and try them.  Personally, I'm
very surprised at what a difference power conditioning and good power
cables make.  But I'm not sure how good my power is to begin with (if
that makes a difference), and I couldn't begin to explain why a power
cable would make a difference.  Nor could I tell you what brand is the
best.  But it makes a difference in my system that I can hear and I
really appreciate.  I would never go back to regular power or cables.

I wholeheartedly agree with your skepticism and belief that everyone
should think for oneself, and again I would add to listen as well.

My neck is starting to quiver.

—Will
Transporter -> ATC SCA2 -> ATC SCM 100 ASLT
Ayre C5xe -> ATC SCA2 -> ATC SCM 100 ASLT

--
musiklov3r