cliveb;234026 Wrote:
> Logitech is a much bigger company than Linn.
>
> People do not bash Linn because they are "big". They get bashed because
> they charge obscene amounts of money for their products (which I will
> acknowledge are usually pretty good).
>
> They are not alone (think of Naim, Levinson, Krell, etc). But there are
> plenty of others out there who charge a fair price for products of equal
> merit (Arcam, Quad, AVI, etc).
>
> Linn and the other "megabuck" brands get away with it because they have
> nurtured a religious devotion amongst their customers.

Logitech is not a 35 year old  hifi company its a computer ass company,
wich bourgt slimdevices   i dont se the paraele.

Linn charges alot of money for there rference products just like
enyother hifi company   .
If you look at linns cheaper product linns  you wlill see the a
actually very fair priced.
The Majik system was awarded best system in its price catagory at
EISA.

If you compare there reference products  the klimax series to other
reference hifi components that are on the marked  its   my experince it
the just sounds better and ALOT more musical  in that light  the are
cheap , from a different view its a insane amounth of money .

I think its wrong to say that linn brain washese its customers  to pay
the money asking, thats a popular and narrow sighted statment wich in
reality  is simply wrong.
Just becaue people prefere the linn sound or even love it dossent make
the simpleminded or relegious.

I posted on the linn forum have happy i was about the sound of the
transporter and not singel linni had a negativ thing to say , the where
all just happy to here this,   look what happens when sombody says
enything bad about the transporter in here .

What would you call  The sound kvality will suppas even that of the
most excotic cd player statment   ?
It makes it even more bold when it really dont.

I dont recall linn saying the make the best sounding sources ever,  but
history tells us the do.

--
harmonic