Pat Farrell;264306 Wrote:
> harmonic wrote:
> > I atended  a  klimax demo yestoday and alot of the questians asked
> here
> > Its hardware and software is 100% upgradeble and will be upgraded as
> > time goes .
>
> I've got a PC that I use as a firewall. Its front says "Never obsolete,
>
> upgrade forever". Its a P2-433 with maybe 256mb of ram. It stopped
> being
> upgradable when the Pentium 3 line came out. Its disks drives are 7
> years old and you can't buy any that small, and very few modern (cheap
> reliable) drives use those connectors.
>
> My Rabco ST8 turntable was upgrade able to newer cartridges, but it was
>
> not upgradable to play CDs.
>
> My Dynaco ST120 amp was upgraded to a Sony receiver. The Sony receiver
> was upgraded to a Classe integrated amp.
>
> Plus, I got new faceplates that matched the decore.
>
> IMHO, audiophile gear 'upgrades' are pure snake oil.
>

> --
> Pat Farrell
> http://www.pfarrell.com/

To understand this right    you say that the orginal   1973 sondek
lp12  will sound exactly the same as  the current full specs sondek
lp12  Se ?

The klimax chasing is the only thing that will not change.
Upgrades will be factory upgrades and will only acure when a
significaly  improvment have been made.
The linn  klimax solos amplifires are unchanged since 1999.
The linn klimax twin was upgraded  in 2005 with a new amplifire designe
the called  chakra.

But please express why you beleive that ALL audio upgrades are snake
oil ?

--
harmonic