Pat Farrell;264327 Wrote:
> harmonic wrote:
> > Pat Farrell;264306 Wrote:
> >> IMHO, audiophile gear 'upgrades' are pure snake oil.
> >
> > To understand this right    you say that the orginal   1973 sondek
> > lp12  will sound exactly the same as  the current full specs sondek
> > lp12  Se ?
>
> No, I was not talking about turntables. I was talking about
> electronics
>
> I would expect that a new, timewarp 1973 turntable would sound better
> than a 1973 turntable in 2007, since mechanical things get worse over
> time.
>
> Meridian sells upgrade modules to their controllers.
> Its hard to tell how much the upgrade ability adds to the cost, even if
>
> you never use it.
>

> > The klimax chasing is the only thing that will not change.
> > Upgrades will be factory upgrades and will only acure when a
> > significaly  improvment have been made.
> > The linn  klimax solos amplifires are unchanged since 1999.
> > The linn klimax twin was upgraded  in 2005 with a new amplifire
> designe
> > the called  chakra.
>
> We used to talk about upgrading cars that way. Some cars you could
> improve easily. Others you needed to 'jack up the radiator cap' and
> replace everything underneath.
>

> If you took my 1999  vintage firewall and replaced the motherboard, CPU
>
> and disk drives, is that an upgrade? or just an expensive and labor
> intensive way to get a new modern machine?
>

> --
> Pat Farrell
> http://www.pfarrell.com/

I dont understand your old computer  metafor,  your are completly
overlooking the key contence of my posts.

As stated many times by now , its ONLY the klimax chasing that will
stay.

Have long do you thing a solid aluminium chasing like the klimax ds
will need before it   deriates ,         100.000.000 years ?

--
harmonic