pski wrote:
> I have "Straight from the Heart" by John Klemmer.
> This was a trio album recorded directly from the microphones to the
> cutting head. No circuits. Just wires.

Please get real. No microphone can drive a cutting head. You have to
have at least a mic preamp to get the level up to where you can move the
signal around.

And you have to have something to add the RIAA equalization curve. Plus
there is a minor detail that vinyl requires mastering to do minor things
like space the groves father apart when there is lots of bass, and
closer when there is little bass.

You could skip the master tape step, but no circuits is not going to happen

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/