rydenfan;272932 Wrote:
> I still believe I should have ordered the littler L-505 instead of my
> current speakers, but such is life. You should really hear them if you
> get a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the smaller L-505 would be even better than
the larger ones for two reasons:
- Vifa and Scan-speak ring-radiator are incredibly fast and if they are
paired with midranges that's not likewise very fast you may have issues
in the crossover region, this means those tweeters often work better
with smaller drivers
- I believe smaller drivers are generally better and faster and
provides more detail, but then you may have to match with very
competent and likewise fast stereo subwoofers....

Re Dynaudio.....
I have never heard a Dynaudio speaker that's not well sounding, like
the Contour S3.4, incredibly fine sounding speakers, almost bought a
pair of those....

Regards

Harald N

--
haraldo

Suse Linux / SC7 -> SB3 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Krell KAV400xi ->
Meadowlark Kestrel2 / Duntech PCL-15
Everything is difficult before it's easy